Make Natural Products Your New Year's Resolution
Happy New Year to all my subscribers!! I hope you had a great holiday! This month's issue of Nature is Calling is about how Natural Products can impact you in a positive way this New Year. With everyone turning over a new leaf after the holidays, natural products are a great way to improve your life for the better. Find out the top 10 resolutions for 2012, a healthy, hearty soup recipe and cheap ways to pamper yourself with natural products.
The Top Ten Resolutions for 2012
1) Lose Weight- small changes in diet make a lifetime of results.
2) Getting Organized- Both at home and work, being disciplined in tidiness can go a long way.
3) Spend Less, Save More- Justifying the reasons each time you spend can cut most impluse buys.
4) Enjoy Life to the Fullest- Being a mom of 2 has made me realize how fast life goes, it's way easier to enjoy it than dwell on the negative.
5) Staying Fit and Healthy- Physical and Mental health are key for people of all ages.
6) Learn Something New- Whether a new language or hobby, it can be easy to learn something new. Listen to an audio tape on Spanish on the way to work or take up a knitting while watching TV in the evening.
7) Quit Smoking- If you're still addicted this is the year to start a healthier life.
8) Helping Others in Their Dreams- You don't need tons of money to help someone else, a little time is often all that is needed.
9) Fall in Love- Spending time with the one you love is never time wasted. It's never too late to find the one to share your life with.
10) Spend More Time With Family- Most families could always do better to spend more quality time together.
(adapted from www.2011resolution.org)
For the last several years I have made new year's resolutions to substitute more natural products for chemical filled ones in our house. (For example, I got rid of everything with fragrances one year and another I disposed of a ton of products with phthalates). Over the years we've eliminated a lot of unnecessary chemicals we are exposed to. What chemicals are you going to eliminate from your life in 2012?
To find more about the harmful effects of many chemicals in your everyday products check out my
Soup That Will Keep You Warm All Winter!
Sweet Potato and Carrot Ginger Soup
This hearty soup recipe is packed full of nutrients for you and your family and is delicious on those cold winter days. My family loves this soup, even my little girl! I'll make it in the morning and let it slow cook all day until supper.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3/4 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup whole milk
1) Combine first nine ingredients into a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or 3 hours on high).
2) Add milk and syrup in last 15 minutes of cooking to allow soup to reheat.
3) Puree soup with a immersion blender or add in portions to a blender to puree. Garnish with strips of candied ginger if desired.
Pamper Your Tootsies for a change with the easy and cheap, yet natural way to put your feet first.
Add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil to a warm bowl of water with marbles of small pebbles. Soak your feet while also rolling the marbles under your feet to massage the muscles. Dry your feet and slather on a natural foot lotion like
Everything Balm by Triology.
Another great foot care product is by Skin and Bones. It is an oil therapy spray that has a huge variety of uses such as foot therapy, after shave, hair tamer, split end repair, cuticle softener and many more. Plus it's unisex in scent and completely natural. Click on the image to find out more about the great find.
Now that the New Year has begun, the winner of the Christmas Give-away has been drawn. And the Winner is (Drum roll please)...
Suzanne. She will receive an
Afterglow Kabuki Brush
and soap from one of my favorite soap shops, Rocky Mountain Soap Company. Congrats Suzanne!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.